Fulfillment service for fresh foods, beverages & temperature-sensitive goods
We know that a reliable logistics chain is key for successful temperature-controlled transports and warehousing. As a logistics expert, we’re your trusted partner when it comes to renting cooled or refrigerated storage space and forwarding foods according to the highest food safety standards. Apiando’s warehousing services cover cold chain and thermo logistics and include a wide range of transport and logistic solutions tailored to your needs. We offer more than 6,000 m² of cold storage space and areas with individually adjustable temperature controls from +28 to -30°C. We take care of the entire cold chain management process from the receipt of your goods and their storage to a smooth onward transport.
Apiando’s certified cold chain and food logistics management
Due to our unique logistics infrastructure in Koblenz, we’re able to offer professional fulfillment services for perishable and frozen foods.
Next to temperature-controlled warehousing, Apiando takes care of the receipt, assembly, picking and appropriate packaging of your goods as well as a smooth handover to transport service providers. During the entire process, we guarantee constant temperature control and absolute compliance with the HACCP principles and the strict hygiene management guidelines for the food industry. Apiando is your experienced and competent fulfillment service provider for all cold-chain and food products.
Our services for temperature-controlled logistics
- Adjustable temperature-controlled warehousing for chilled goods: Rent cooled storage space according to your needs. We offer flexible IFS-certified warehousing for a variety of chilled goods.
- Temperature controls according to your needs: We take care of your perishable, chilled and frozen goods. Temperature-regulated warehouse sections offer deep-freeze storage down to -25°C and cooled storage from +2° to +8°C, +15°C and +25°C.
- Careful order picking: We not only take care of adequate warehousing, we also pick and package your orders for smooth onward transportation.
- Attractive shipping rates: Benefit from the best rates when dispatching your goods with shipping providers like DHL, DPD, UPS and more.
- Handling returns: We professionally manage the returns of chilled goods. Our return management processes include quality checks, re-packaging and -storing and the disposal of goods if required.
- Internal IT resources and integration: We have a high-performing IT fulfillment infrastructure and offer transparency and the efficient handling of goods through near real-time IT interfaces. Per request, we help you with implementing warehouse management systems and the quick onboarding of new service providers.
- Value Added Services: We also offer value-added services like pre-assembly, declaration, labeling, product sheets, packaging and secondary packaging.
FAQ: Cold chain logistics
for temperature-sensitive goods
What are important factors in cold chain logistics?
At the core of reliable cold logistics is a functioning cold chain. A cold chain is an interlinked system that consists of the temperature-controlled transport and warehousing of goods. This requires certified cooling systems, constant temperature controls and a stable cool environment.
What are the cold chain logistics processes?
Temperature-sensitive goods are collected by the distributor/buyer or a transport service provider. According to their temperature requirements, the goods are properly loaded and transported to the warehouse. At the logistics center, they are picked, prepared for onward transport, packaged and stored.
How can I lower costs in cold chain management?
The transport and order picking of temperature-sensitive goods requires an extremely organized product chain. Especially when it comes to energy-intensive goods, a smooth and uninterrupted process couldn’t be more important. A transparent, high-performing goods management system like JTL-WMS is a helpful tool to monitor and reduce freight costs. Apiando is a certified JTL service partner and can help you with implementing JTL-WMS.
Any questions about our cold chain logistics services?
Don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team is happy to help.
Apiando’s Cold Storage
Contact us for a customized quote
With long-standing experience and expertise, Apiando is your trusted fulfillment partner
for foods and chilled goods. Contact us for a consultation and noncommittal offer.